Monday, April 13, 2009

What Does Warren Buffett Know About Kettlebells?

Perhaps this is becoming a broken record but I can't stress enough that "simple" is very often the best approach to success.I am focused on only 6 movements at this point. All I practice is swings, Turkish Get Ups, Snatches, Tactical Pull ups and Pistols. I throw an odd sprint or two into the mix, as well as some front squats. Nothing in my workout matters right now and if I continue to spend time on the above, I will promise you that my progress will continue.

I will be stronger, nimbler, more flexible and have more wind than a hurricane. And I can promise that I won't be bored. A few of you have emailed me and said that they couldn't possibly stick to such a shallow and rigid regimen. That's fine. Keep doing what you've always done and nothing will change at all. Same stuff, same result. Which for most means that neither their performance will be enhanced nor will their body changes. Much less their mental strength.

I'm asking that you give it a shot. Now you ask what in the world dues Warren Buffett have to do with this?

A lot it seems. Buffett has been employing the same basic methodolgy to equity and debt positioning for over 40 years. He uses basic probability to determine how he chooses to allocate his capital and it seems to work. He doesn't look at betas, nor alphas or Black Scholes etc etc etc. All he is interested in is "can I get a better return on my capital here than with a risk free investment." Simple seems to work for WEB. Is it easy? Probably not. His system requires emotional intelligence as well as the ability to do what others simply aren't doing.

Do you have what it takes to do things differently? If you do, then I would suggest that you may want to strongly consider kettlebells as your tool to achieve fitness second to none. Seems to work for the Navy SEALS. Check out a local RKC and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

The best,

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home