Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Start of The Viking Warrior Program















I took some pictures in July, 2008 and then again today. The pictures essentially tell you nothing but that I was lean in July and still lean today. I don't see much difference in the photos. Here's whats interesting to me though. I weigh about 193 in the tan short pictures and weigh 182 now. So somehow, I've lost 11 pounds total. Additionally, I'm so much stronger now that their is no comparison. My PR is 36 KG kettlebell on the Press now and I was at 28kg then. Able to get much more work done in my sessions now as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I see hardly any cosmetic difference. The ones from today are at the top and at the bottom are from July, 2008. Please feel free to share any thoughts.











Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I see a big difference. You were thicker in the middle before. You look much leaner now.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Bud Gibson said...

You must have lost fat but without a lot of hypertrophy.

Kettlebell does not seem to lead to hypertrophy like bodybuilding style workouts do. Much of kettlebell training is likely inimical to hypertrophy. It's very cardio intensive, and work volume tends to come from reps, not increased weight.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Chris J said...

you look more cut in the blue shorts, I'm assuming those are the current ones? There is way more def to your shape in the blue.

 
At March 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

OK I looked more closely and you all are right. I don't think I look 11 pounds lighter which is good I guess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home