Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What Were You Up to New Year's Day?


What were you doing On New Year's Day?


Here's the point of this query, you see, today is day 78 of 2009 which means that 79 days ago you were celebrating New Year’s Eve and, like most people, you were setting up your New Year’s Resolutions and goals.

And look, here we are at day 78 already.

Time really flies by with each year.


But I’m not just writing this to act as some kind of timekeeper or clockwatcher, rather I wanted to share with something that I’ve been thinking about a lot this week.

I've been thinking that we’re already approaching the end of the first quarter of 2009 and that many of the goals I’d set for myself this year haven’t even been started. In truth, many of them haven’t even been thought about.

It’s not like they’re not important to me. They are, many of them would REALLY change my life for the better if I could bring them to life but, well, I just haven’t seemed to get around to them.

I bet you’re the same right?

I bet you have a huge list of things that you KNOW would absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt change your life for the better, yet you haven’t taken a single, solitary action on them, right?

Weird isn’t it?

For instance in my own life I know that these goals are important to me:

1. Becoming Debt Free – I hate that I owe to another and it makes me feel badly.

2. Making Wednesday Night Family Night – Seeing each other with no distraction will bring us closer and make us a better family.

3. Begin a Systemic Approach to Sales For Charm City Kettlebells– I want to be able to duplicate my efforts and the only way to do that is to use a System. We started working on that today as we want to be able to share our strength training with as many as we can.

4. Migrate my blog into Wordpress– I want my whole web presence to be easy for you the user. Community, blog, member area, video all in one.

5. Become an RKC Level 2- I want to help as many achieve their fitness goals as possible. The more I know the better I am.

6. Water water raft in Costa Rica- I just want to be able to raft in the jungle and then swim in the ocean the same day.



You probably have a bunch like this too.

For example, what financial goals did you set for yourself on New Year’s Eve?

What about your health goals? I KNOW you had a bunch of those!

How about adventures? We all want to travel more and experience more and I bet you had set some goals in this department, right?

Not to mention relationships, education, family and career goals.

I bet you had a bunch, yet where are you with them?

That’s not a rhetorical question I mean it. Where are you with these goals?

Did you achieve them as you said you would?

More to the point, did you even START them?

I know that I didn’t even BEGIN many of the goals I set at the start of the year. I know they’re important to me, I know they’ll change my life in more positive ways than I can even begin to tell you but for some strange reason, I haven’t even begun to chase them yet.

Like I said, weird.

So look, I’ve got this mad, crazy idea.

I want to help you achieve YOUR goals over the course of this year and I want you to keep ME on track. Sound like a fair deal?

It starts today.

Tell me what your most important, most pressing goals are and I’ll tell you mine and (hopefully) together we can see 2009 through in great style.

Of course, you could simply ignore this and pass it off as silly but, well, that’ll just mean that the next 78 days are just like the first, and the ones after that, and the ones after that.

I need help to bring my goals to life.

So do you.

So let’s do this!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

P.S – I got my idea for this email from my friend Dax Moy, Author of The MAGIC Hundred. I’m glad he kicked me in the butt today : )

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2009 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Goal setting is a very powerful tool! I have been doing pretty good with my goals for the year, including getting out of debt. It's a huge help to have people around you that you feel accountable to.
I think that the arrival of spring naturally makes people more energetic and motivated, so get to it!

 
At March 19, 2009 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Mike T Nelson said...

Good stuff! Excellent goals too!

My upcoming goal is the TSC, Elite style on April 4. My other main goal of this year is to finally graduate this summer.

Do you have a virtual assistant to help you with your business? If not, I highly recomend one--drop me a line if you want details.

Rock on!
Mike T Nelson

 
At March 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Mike and Jessica,

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate that you took the time to share.

Mike,

VA is on my list. How did you find yours?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home