Saturday, March 28, 2009

How To Eat Well and Eat Paleo


This was an incredibly tasty and healthy meal:

Luscious Lime Shrimp

3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 green onion, chopped

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon minced, seeded jalapeno peppers

1 teaspoon olive oil

½ teaspoon minced garlic

20 large shrimp (about 1 pound) peeled and deveined

1 tablespoon minced red peppers

20 cucumber slices

Stir together lime juice, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, oil and garlic in medium bowl. Toss the shrimp with two tablespoons of the dressing in another medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate shrimp for 30 minutes. Preheat broiler or grill. Broil shrimp about 3 inches from heat for 1 ½ minutes per side or until opaque. Immediately toss hot shrimp with the remaining dressing and red pepper and cool to room temperature. Arrange shrimp on cucumber slices.

Check out all the other possibilities of the Paleo Diet!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2009 at 4:34 AM , Blogger Brett Legree said...

Those recipes look really tasty (I had to click through to see what else was there).

As I am the chef at my house, I'm always looking for ideas to feed the Viking Horde (and believe me the little Viklings get hungry) - I think I'll try a few of these to see how they like them.

A bonus will be that it is really good for us!

 
At March 29, 2009 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Brett,

We've been eating "Paleo" for a few weeks now and I'm leaner and haven't had a meal yet that wasn't tasty.

 
At March 29, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Brett Legree said...

Sandy,

Well, you definitely had me with the lime shrimp! Today is grocery day so maybe we'll mix it up a bit.

I mean, we normally eat fairly well in terms of good quality foods, but I still always think, "hmm, would a 'free range human' eat this?"

Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home