Bad News Bowl of Veggies
It's just about impossible to gain weight just by eating veggies. I mean seriously, you'd have to eat a LOT of 'em.
Salads are a different story altogether. I ate one when I went out for lunch on Friday and it was great but not the healthiest thing ever. Why is it that every time people want to get rid of their belly fat they break out the salad bowls and start eating like a rabbit?
Thing is, MOST salads people eat are loaded with fat and calories. It's as if people think bacon, cheese and ranch dressing suddenly have amazing fat burning properties when they're on top of a couple of carrots and broccoli.
Look, you probably don't really want to know how much damage you did the last time you ate "healthy" and went to the salad bar for lunch.
But what's done is done. Here are the tips you need to remember the next time you order one. They are from the Head of R & D at Prograde Nutrition, registered dietitian Jayson Hunter:
1) Ask for the dressing on the side and dip the tongs of your fork in the dressing and THEN pick up some salad. It gives you just enough flavor and keeps your calorie intake under control.
2) Choose a salad that has grilled protein in it such as chicken or fish. Remember, it should be GRILLED and not fried.
3) Sorry, leave off the cheese and bacon bits. You know why ;-)
The sales ends TOMORROW night!
Remember, Prograde Nutrition is currently having a BIG 10.9% off everything January Celebration Sale to celebrate the New Year and the fact they are now shipping to the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
Yes, that's 10.9 as in January of 2009 ;-)
Here are some other details I want to make sure you know about:
- Again, you receive 10.9% off all Prograde products.
- It will run from Thursday, January 8th until Thursday, January 15th at 11:59pm EST.
- Yes, that 10.9% off will be applicable to SmartShip orders. But it only applies to that first purchase. Not ongoing.
- The coupon code you enter at checkout is:
-Here's the www site