Thursday, April 16, 2009

Viking Strength Day

Today was my second Viking Strength Day of the week. I did 9 sets of work. Each set consisted of Kettlebell Press for 12 reps with the 20 KG Kettlebell. Additionally, I did 4 one legged pistols and 4 pull ups. Total rep count was 108 presses, 36 pistols and 36 pull ups. Will finish out this week with the mVO2 :15/:15 tomorrow and a variety day on Saturday.

I felt great today and continue to make progress in the "Beast Challenge" Exercises. I am attacked Kenneth Jay's Viking Warrior Conditioning program and I am seeing real pogress.

Also, wanted to remind you that we have opened regisration the Delaware Kettlebell Workshop that Dr. Mark Cheng, RKC Team Leader is conducting at St. Andrews School in Middletown Delaware.

Click here for details!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2009 at 5:46 AM , Blogger This is Living/tilstuff.com said...

Hi Sandy,

I pop in here from time to time and it is really refreshing to read some of your blog. I like your 6 basics for training. Sounds like a great plan to me. I have just started back with my KB workouts and all I am doing right now is swings and TGU's. I want to really feel good with it and I am trying to work on the best form for my swings. I can tell I am improving my swings, but I know that I need more improvement. I may eventually be contacting your friend in ATL to go get some professional help with my form. I want to do this right and I know that is the only way. Keep it up man, you are doing great here!
Mandy

 
At April 18, 2009 at 3:39 AM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Mandy,

Hope Jon and you are doing well! Thanks for the support:) Swings and Turkish Get Ups are the foundation of the RKC system and you will get so much from just these two movements. Keep it up and if there is any thing I can do to help, then please let me know:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home