Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tactical Pull Up PR and New RKC Snatch Test

Had a good session yesterday.

I have not done the new RKC Snatch Test requirement until now. Honestly, I was a bit nervous to do it as I don't really do snatches anymore than I do any other kettlebell movements.

Anyway, now I train both "grinds" and "ballistics" equally. To get ready for RKC I think I did more swing and snatch work.

When I went to the RKC certification had to do a different Snatch requirement than they do today so I had to see how I would do. When I attended I had to do 64 reps of snatches with the 24 KG Kettlebell based on my weight of 193 pounds at the weigh-in. And we could only have one hand switch and never place the bell on the deck.

Based on my current weight of 184 (Lost weight since October but NOW STRONGER)I needed to do 84 reps in 5 minutes. I could rest my grip by placing kettlebell on deck and could do multiple hand switches. The test now is half of the time of the Secret Service Snatch Test. Pulled it off with no drama at all. Just did 20 per minute and I was done.

Tactical Pull Ups suck for me! I have always hated them, mainly as I can't do them well. I have been making steady progress though and hit a PR Of 14 yesterday. Will continue to do them and I will continue to improve. This is the tool I used to get better.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on passing the new test! I was wondering if you could share your stretching routine (pre and post)?

Thanks,

Chris
@freediving

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home