Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kettlebell Windmill

As you will soon see, my form isn't perfect on the Russian Kettlebell Windmill but it is safe. Safety is paramount, but I do have some work to do on this.

Here's what you want to do:

Clean and press or snatch a kettlebell overhead with one arm.

Keeping the kettlebell that is overhead locked out at all times, push your hip out in the direction of the locked out kettlebell.

Please keep your eye on the kettlebell at all times too.

Turn your feet out at a forty-five degree angle from the arm with the locked out kettlebell.

Lower yourself until your non-working hand touches the floor or front foot.

Pause for a second and reverse the motion back to the starting position.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2009 at 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Sandy. What a strange coincidence that we both ended up videoing windmills on the same day, though I'm more than sure your kettlebell weighed a damn sight more than my 8kg! What was your's? a 16, or a 20kg? I do find that such vids are very useful for checking and correcting form; watching yours really made it noticible to me how much I need to try and straighten my leading leg. Nice cat btw. I never use kettlebells near my dogs though, as they are entirely daft enough to come charging over in the middle of a swing and that could actually be fatal, I guess. Worth keeping in mind, I suppose.
Cheers
Dave

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home