Friday, February 20, 2009

Kettlebell Practice

I just got back from the gym and it was all I could do to hold my tongue. As many of you know, I have a favorite saying, "just because you are swinging a kettlebell doesn't mean you are doing a kettlebell swing." Well tonight the swingers were out in force. I

I sometimes workout in a Big Box Gym as a change of pace and I like to sauna. I saw 2 women and 1 man doing a bootcamp type class and not only was there no intensity to the workout, they were doing at least the swing incorrectly. Not, I don't mean that there form was less than perfect. I mean that it was unsafe as well as less than perfect. I held my tongue but man oh man.

For me, I did an easy movement session with the kettlebell.

5 sets of 5 snatches left and right with a Turkish Get Up on each side between sets. Total of 50 snatches and 10 Turkish Get Ups. Stole this from Rob O'Brien, AKC.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Chris J said...

I would have held my tongue, but in a different way. I would have gotten the biggest baddest kb there I could find, and swing it the right way. For all rounds. They would have noticed, they would have then asked.

Then you would have gotten new clients.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home