Tuesday, February 17, 2009

40 Minutes of Kettlebell Hell

Set a goal today to do the Kenneth Jay Special. 40 minutes of Maximum VO2 (MVO2) working :15 seconds on and then resting for :15 seconds.

Never tried it before for the full protocol. Most I had done was 33. Got to 35 minutes and was wondering why? Kept going through the discomfort of excess lactic acid and made it.

My cadence for :15 seconds is 7 reps so I did 560 reps in 80 worksets with the 16 KG kettlebell.

Average heart rate was 158 and the max was 174. Caloric burn....813.

Nice:)

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2009 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Chris J said...

you post great stuff...

I need to stop being lazy.

 
At February 20, 2009 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Results Workouts said...

Damn Sandy, This look brutal. I may give it a try 'cause I like tough workouts!

I will have to work up to the time though as my hands wont take the beating straight off.

Thats for all the great info. I get most of my kettlebell workouts from you!

Steve Mutziger
www.odentonbootcamp.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home