Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top 5 Kettlebell Exercises for Abs

A lot of people have asked me how kettlebells can help their abs if all the "Hard Style" exercises are compound in nature.

First, compound exercises by their nature are very intense and will help you strip fat off your body fat by putting you in a extremely high post workout metabolic state. If you have the strongest core in the world no one can tell if it is protected by a layer of blubber.

A lot of folks have a strong core but high body fat. So the first tip is to clean up the diet.

That being said, here are my "Top 5 Kettlebell Exercises for 6 (or even 8) pack abs:

1) Russian Twist: For those of you looking for a more focused approach. All I would add is that if you do the "bicycle" it gets to be even more challenging!



2) Kettlebell Swing: Done correctly this is an amazing core smoker. If you are properly employing a mix of tension and relaxation "Hard Style" you will know what I mean!




3) Turkish Get Up: Perhaps the paramount kettlebell exercise. It requires full body fitness. It's a combination of strength, flexility and focus. Your shoulders will love it and your core will "thank you."



4) Kettlebell Press: People want to know how I can include a "shoulder" exercise but the kettlebell press, "Hard Style" is far from a shoulder movement. If you create the tension that RKC requires then you will know what I mean. Lots of times my abs are burning when I do this.



5) Kettlebell Front Squat: Try it and you will see what I mean. This KILLS you core. As well as your legs.



Bonus Exercise here . Enjoy!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM , Blogger JaimieH said...

great post Sandy! I learn a little something each time :) TY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home