Monday, September 22, 2008

Do You Deserve Fitness Success?

Many of my clients end up using kettlebells as a last resort. What I mean is that they have tried "everything" to get where they want to be physically. They have tried the Human Hamster Wheel AKA Treadmill. They've used dumbells. They've tried a personal trainer. They've used the pool. I could go on and on but you get the idea.

First of all, trying doesn't make you deserve anything. Actually, let me correct that. Trying gives you what you deserve. So what does that mean exactly?

Well, DESERVE comes from the latin word roots "de" meaning "of" and "servir" meaning "Service." The more we plan the more we deserve. If you meander through life or a workout for that matter, then your result is predictably an average one. If you plan your attack, over time you will have fitness success. If you plan your workout. If you plan your nutrition. Your recovery. You get the idea.

Deserve success with the proper plan and you can't be denied.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Good post, Sandy! I have to mention, though, that I thought you were going to comment on people's self-sabotage. In my experience, people really have to believe they deserve to reach their goals before they can reach them. Otherwise, they will find themselves sabotaging their plans without even knowing it. When I saw the title, I just knew that was going to be the subject.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home