Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Language of Success...Quit Trying and Start Doing

The language we use has a impact on our lives. If you use "wishy washy" words you will have a "wishy washy" life.

How often do you hear from a friend something like....I'll try to do such and such. When I hear that I know that trying isn't going to get it done. In other words, I'm not counting on them to perform.On the other hand, if they say, "I'll do "such and such," then I count on it getting done.

Check this out. Nicole is one of my clients. She lost 30 pounds before ever doing kettlebells but she told me she is going to lose another 30 pounds. She didn't say she was going to try to lose the additional weight...She said she will.

Of this I have no doubt because her language won't allow for failure. It isn't an option.

And that's the attitude you have to have in order to succeed in any endeavor. If you don't have that mindset then I recommend you find another venture because the one you are working on now will prove to be a collosal waste of your time. Because you aren't doing. You are only trying.

Are you ready to do whatever it takes? Or are you only going to try?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 11, 2008 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Anthony C said...

in case you missed it, here's my reply to your questions..

RR= renegade rows

shuffle squats- feet a little farther apart than heel-to-toe, hands behind head, back straight, lower to almost ass-to-heel, jump up, in air switch feet, land back in deep squat with feet in opposite heel to toe position (they get old real fast)

kimodo walks- here is a video of me doing them- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032GN-d1cvI

 
At September 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Duh..Renegage rows....the other things just sound plain evil AC:)

 
At September 11, 2008 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Anthony C said...

yo sandy, u NEED to get on those kimodo walks. they will make you see God. they are that serious. wrecks to core and the quads right above the knees. also gets your chest great on all types of planes AND on top of that it really stretches the hip flexors when you sink at the bottom of each rep. get some man! i expect an opinion report.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home