Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rehoboth Beach Kettlebells

My family and I went to Rehoboth Beach this weekend to see my dad and step mom before they leave for Dunedin. for the winter. Both these beach towns are incredible and mean a lot to us but that is another story.

The weather was the kind that can only be called "perfect." 72 degrees, sunny, about 50% humidity, water about 70 degrees, fish jumpin' and porpoises breaching the surface just outside the breakers.

I am off to RKC in St. Paul MN on Thursday and while I was on the beach I just wanted to practice with my kettlebell. Didn't do a lot of exercises, but did the few snatches I did well. I cleaned and pressed with power and strength. A slow, even grind. Tamed the arc on my cleans....Just relaxed...enjoyed the sound of the surf and moved my kettlebell while my four year old son flew his kite and mommy napped. Pretty cool!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

These are the days that feed our souls. Aren't they?

 
At October 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

No doubt. I wish all days were like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home