10 Reasons You Should Make the Kettlebell Your Workout By Guest Jeff Hopeck
First, a kettlebell is a weighted ball with a handle. The kettlebell itself doesn't bring you the results, it's the way you use it. Kettlebell training is hands down the most effective way to train, provided you know what you are doing. The purpose of writing this article is to demonstrate how effective this training can be if you take the right steps to learning it properly.
Personally, I was exposed to the concept in 2003 during my time with the Secret Service- when kettlebells were not popular by any means, but were certainly starting to make a name for themselves. The actual concept exploded in 2008- when movie stars, professional sports teams, high-profile athletes, house-moms, and every single martial artist in the book claimed fame to using the kettlebell.
Let's take a look at 10 reasons why kettlebell training is so fun, effective, and easy to perform:
1. One kettlebell replaces a treadmill, barbell and dumbbell COMBINED!
2. You can workout at home, saving you countless hours of wasted commute time to a gym.
3. A kettlebell takes up very little room at your home.
4. All you need to do is get educated from an expert, or someone who knows how to use a kettlebell; and you can construct your own type of workout routines for years to come, due to the versatility of the kettlebell itself.
5. Kettlebells are inexpensive. NOT relatively inexpensive, but inexpensive. Sure, you pay a lot to ship them, but let's be honest: one bell replaces hundreds of dollars of gym equipment you would otherwise have to purchase.
6. Kettlebell workouts strengthen your core - not just your abs, but your entire core.
7. You can hold the kettlebell by the handle, by the ball, upside down by the bottom, sideways by the handle - making for a different workout and muscle group every time you use them!
8. You can easily travel with a kettlebell because of the way it is constructed. You simply pick it up as if it were a teapot and off you go!
9. Workouts last 20 minutes. If you are performing the exercises correctly, you can have an amazing workout in just 20 minutes every day. I actually witnessed a 488 calorie workout take place with double 30lb kettlebells! The workout was tracked on a brand name, high-end calorie/heart rate monitor.
10. Research says it all. Just surf the internet and see for yourself the millions of people resorting to the kettlebell and the amazing results they are achieving.
Again- these are just some of the many reasons you should train with kettlebells. Be sure to continue doing research online to find many other benefits!
3 Year U.S. Secret Service Veteran, Author and Speaker Jeff Hopeck has dedicated his life to helping people eat healthier- without cutting out the fun! Access thousands of FREE recipes, snacking tips, and exercises at http://healthyhabitsblog.com
Jeff is the creator of the jeffHopeck kettlebell- a high end kettlebell that is designed for quality-seekers... not bargain hunters!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeff_Hopeck