Thursday, June 18, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning

I've been working the Viking Warrior Conditioning for a few months now with some success. I have gotten a lot leaner and my absolute strength continues to rise as well. I practice my strength using the Press, Barbell Front Squat, Pistol, Turkish Get Up and I also do swings for cardio work.

The first part of the Maximum VO2 work is getting through the :15/:15 on cadence for 40 minutes. Once you do that you can revisit it at a new, faster count for move to the :36/:36 at a newly determined cadence. The final goal is 35 work sets. Today was the day I had mapped out to hit the ultimate goal. I was only successful in realization that I couldn't do the full session. I had worked up to 28 sets last Thursday and backed off this Tuesday to go for the whole enchilada today. Fail. My grip crapped out and I will finish this upon return after vacation. I am royally peeved. I hope to come back strong after my beach trip and Doc Cheng's Delaware Kettlebell Workshop.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2009 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Chris J said...

When would be a good time to start Viking? I like the idea, want to increase my VO2 max, and want to be better than I am.

Like I said before right now is ETK (Via the AOS Workbook), then Fat Loss 4 Fighters (Josh Hillis) then the RKC prep article you posted not that long ago.

I of course have some martial arts stuff mixed into the plans too...

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

It may be good to include in your "ready" for RKC time. You will enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home