Monday, June 15, 2009

What is Sea Wave Training?

If you read my blog, then you know that the level of intensity from workout to workout varies pretty wildly. And it's by design. You just can't go "all out" each and every day and expect to really see the gains that you are probably looking for. You break yourself down during a workout and then get strong during recovery. Lots of you may find this hard to grasp. Why wouldn't you? It's been drilled into our heads that hard is better and if you don't work hard then you don't get results.

Well working hard is only part of the equation that will end in results. Intelligence in training is often overlooked it seems to me. First you must start with a plan. Each day should be mapped out before your workoout week begins. For example, I know what I am doing today and each day for the rest of the week. The work I'll do this week is the "same but different" as last week. I don't workout for entertainment. I work out to get fitter and stronger so the rest of my life is easier. Workout variety is overrated and one way that a lot of trainers seek to entertain their clients. Doing fewer things very very well is the real meal ticket. Folks want results. And there are only a few primal movement patterns. Use them. Each week I do swings, TGU, Clean and Press, Tactical Pull Ups, Pistols, Squats, Renegade lunges, and snatches. That may be too much and maybe I need to pare something.

I wrote the "same but different" above. What do I mean by that? I mean that the workout movements really don't vary. I change the volume and I change the intensity in waves. Oleg Chelischev wrote, "The Workload must flucuate like a sea wave: Up and down, from glass calm to a storm."

I'm very happy with my fitness level and I'm happy with my progress. Give wave training a chance and I think you will be happy too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home