Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning and Low Volume Pistols

Today it's beautiful here in the Baltimore Metro area and I did all of my work outside.

Started with 10 minutes alternating from kettlebell halos, Pumps and bodyweight squats. Felt perfect upon completion.

Did 10 reps of the one legged squat with a kettlebell or pistol. I just did 5 on each side alternating with rest between each two. I revisited the Naked Warrior this morning and if there is a better resource for pistols, then please share it with me.

Reviewing the information really got me onto the razor as we say. Balanced and as thin as I could be.

Once I finished the pistols I went to the Viking Warrior Conditioning. Did 80 work sets for 560 total reps with the 16kg Kettlebell. Next up: :36/:36 protolcol.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2009 at 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy

I can see you're moving towards the 36:36 protocol, now you have finished the 15:15.

Are there a reason why you don't start over on the 15:15 with 8 reps?

I'm on my way to finish the 15:15, and are not sure wether to go for 8 reps, or go to 36:36.

Always great to read your blog.

 
At May 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Mike,

Thanks for your comment! VKC is very felxible on the matter of when to move up to the 2nd protocol as long as your cadence was at least 7 reps for :15/:15. No reason to do it again it that case. You could if you want to but I choose the next level is all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home