Monday, May 11, 2009

High Volume Kettlebell Presses

Today I moved up in intensity for the Kettlebell Press. I moved from the 20 kg Kettlebell to the 24 kg kettlebell for the high volume Press day.


Definitely made a difference as I was able to do 160 reps with excellent form. With high Volume Strength work it's very important that it be done with submaximal weight and NEVER done to failure. The purpose of this type of workout is to get a lot of work done correctly. It is really for practicing solid technique and to really develop a "feel" for the exercise.

I did accomplish this today.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Howie B said...

Hey Sandy, how did you structure your set(s) for this?

 
At May 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

This was the first workout that I did 24 KG high volume as I had just moved up from the 20 kg KB. I did sets of 8 (4 on each side)

 
At May 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

When doing your presses, do you keep the kettlebell racked up at your shoulder between reps, or drop it down between your legs and then clean it back to rack?

 
At May 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Dear Chris,

Either/Or. Depends on the workout. This was simply a press workout, so in this case no, but sometimes I do include "cleans" as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home