Monday, April 27, 2009

Keep It Simple

One of the things that originally attracted me to kettlebell practice was the sheer simplicity and elegance of the workouts.

I said simple not easy:)

Pavel has a saying that it's better to dig a furrow an inch long and a mile deep, rather than a mile long and an inch deep.

Too many of us try to make things too complicated. There are only 6 foundational movements in the RKC system of strength and if all you do is those you will be way ahead of the game. Swing, Turkish Get Up, Clean, Press, Front Squat and Snatch. Focus on doing them well and safely and you will get stronger, leaner, more explosive and look your best. Quickly. I can confidentally say that I am as strong and move better than I did at 25 and I'm 47.

Currently, I'm focusing all my attention on the above, as it applies to Viking Warrior Strength and Conditioning. I've added the RKC II exercises the One Legged Pistol and Tactical Pull Up to my repertoire since I will become an RKC II in June 2010.

None of this is rocket science but it is based on a systemic approach to building strength and conditioning with a scientific approach. Find an RKC Instructor in your area or ask me for a recommendation.

I'm here to help anyway I can!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home