Monday, May 18, 2009

High Volume Kettlebell Press Practice For Viking Warrior Strength

I practiced my High Volume Pressing today. This was my second high volume using the 24 KG kettlebell. I did increase the work I did by 15%. Last week, I did 160 reps and felt strong. Today I increased the volume to 184 reps and felt like I had excellent form. I did it in 23 sets of 8 (4 per side). I knew I could manage my fatigue at this rep count.

Proper form is one of the hallmarks of the High Volume days.(All days for that matter) and if you feel like your form is disintegrating due to accumulated fatigue then it's time to stop. The goal is to do at least 100 reps per side but that will be worked up to. Injury isn't part of my agenda, nor should it be in yours. I've never been hurt in the 3 years plus I've been training with kettlebells. Using my head has been a big part of that. Don't misunderstand me. I work my tail off. I just use my brain as well.:) Most injury can be avoided. Know the difference between pain and injury. Pain is good!

Tomorrow, I will be doing low volume pistols. 10 reps total using the 20 KG kettlebell. I will also do my Viking Warrior Conditioning too. It's going to be a great day!

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Excellent work, Sandy! I'm curious, how do you keep track of your sets on high volume days? Sometimes I lose track of which set I'm on because of exercise-induced stupor. And I'm talking 4-6 sets, not 23! LOL!!

 
At May 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Pad and pencil w/ slashes. I can't keep track any other way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home