Friday, May 15, 2009

100 Pistols Is A Good Day

Today was a great day. I walked 18, shot a 86 and then decided that I needed to do my workout.

Doing 100 pistols isn't easy to begin with but after walking 4 miles in high humidity it seemed tougher than usual.

I used a 10 lb gripper plate as counterbalance and I did 25 sets of 4. I felt awesome! Never went off form and stayed really powerful.

Now is a different story though. I feel a bit spent. Have really loaded up on fruits and protein but am interested to see how I will feel tomorrow when I do my low volume tactical pull ups.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day! Coaching call with Strength guru, Marty Gallagher and then the bod pod pre workout.

Sandy Sommer, RKC

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2009 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy!

100 pistols is amazing!
(Can't imagine why you might feel tired!!?!)

Like you're blog!!! Have to check out your oder posts...Got a lot of reading to catch up on!

By the way, I'm down in Silver Spring, about an hour away!

I'll be back!

Fred

PS: Making one of my new goals to be able to do just 1 good pistol!

 
At May 18, 2009 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Mike Frerichs said...

Sandy, That's an awesome workout. As I've grown older, I find the muscle soreness is worse 48 hours after a workout, than the day after. This is particularly true of over-distance workouts, such as runs of 15 miles or longer. The combination of golfing with multiple sets of pistols sounds like such a workout. Like Fred, I would like to do one pistol.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home